Consult With Our No Win No Fee Solicitor And Start Your Claim Today

Claiming Compensation from a Housing Association

Claiming Compensation from a Housing Association

It can be stressful to deal with housing issues when you don’t know what to do. There are many ways to get compensation if your housing association does not take your case seriously or respond to your concerns well, but you have the right to do so. Here is Vintage Claims Management company’s guidance on how to claim compensation from a housing association. You can depend on us to support you when you need it.

When You Can Claim Compensation

There are several situations where you may have a valid claim for compensation from your housing association:

  • Disrepair -If you are facing house damages or house maintenance issues like water leakage, roof leaks, or mould developing due to dampness, and your housing association doesn’t respond to you well, then you can claim
  • Injuries – If you are facing an injury in your home or outside the house directly related to the carelessness of the housing association. For example, unbalanced pathways or blind potholes and unrepaired steps.
  • Loss of conveniences– If conveniences like heating, hot water, or cooking facilities have been out of service for an unreasonable amount due to housing association negligence. If Their behaviour is insane, you can compensate the claim.
  • Homelessness – if you are homeless due to the housing association. The housing association may be to blame for making you lost if you don’t have a place to live.
  • Stress and inconvenience -If the housing association fails to meet its obligations, you may be able to claim compensation for your stress, anxiety, and inconvenience.

Compensation from Housing Associations

Steps To Making a Claim

If you believe you have evidence for compensation, follow these key steps:

Document the Issues

It would be best if you first collected all of the evidence you will need to build a successful claim, such as audio, videos, pictures, and documents for a successful claim.

Formally Report in Writing

Formally report the disrepair, loss of conveniences, injuries, etc., in writing to your housing manager. Make it clear you expect compensation. Send via registered post and keep copies.

Speak to Your Housing Manager

If you would like to discuss compensation with your housing manager, schedule a meeting with them. You must explain how you’ve suffered losses and reiterate your expectation of compensation as soon as possible.

Obtain Expert Advice

Contact a legal Vintage claims management company expert such as a lawyer or Citizens Advice for advice on the strength of your compensation claim and how much you can expect.

File a Formal Compensation Claim

If informal requests for compensation are unsuccessful, provide formal written notice to the housing association that you intend to make a claim. Include evidence and a timeframe for them to respond.

Calculating Your Compensation

There is a direct relationship between the amount of compensation and the loss suffered. This can include:

  • General damages – Physical discomfort, discomfort in the mental state, and compensation for those factors.
  • Special damages – A reimbursement program provides compensation for quantifiable financial losses, such as temporary housing, property damage, and medical expenses.
  • Loss of amenities – You will be refunded a portion of your rent for periods where amenities were unavailable. The amount will be prorated based on the number of days.

Keeping detailed financial records to back up your compensation claim is important. Having quotes, receipts, and invoices will help you prove your expenses.

 Compensation from Housing Associations

If Your Claim is Rejected

The following steps should be taken if you have been rejected by your housing association for compensation:

  • Get a written explanation of the reasons your claim was rejected
  • See carefully, is there any lack of information that you submit
  • Send a formal letter disputing the rejection from the housing association.
  • If you are still experiencing difficulties, you can contact the Housing Vintage Claims Service.
  • If you seek compensation up to $10,000, consider filing a small claims lawsuit.
  • Seek legal advice on bringing your claim to the County Court as a last resort.

Using a Claims Company

You can appoint a Vintage claims management company to handle the compensation claim process. While they will take a percentage of your payout, it saves you effort and legal costs. Ensure they are registered with the Ministry of Justice.

Pursuing fair compensation requires perseverance but can be necessary to recover costs and losses. With evidence and determination, housing associations can be compelled to pay redress.


Your comment will be published within 24 hours.

© Copyright 2021 Vintage Claims Management Developed by GIFCO Solutions