Housing Disrepair Claims | NO WIN, NO FEE

Have your landlord refused or failed to carry out the repairs? If you are a tenant looking for solutions to repair your house? Couldn’t find expert housing disrepair claims council solicitors in the UK for your claim?

Have you been seeking professional help regarding your house’s state and repair condition? The local Council Housing or Housing Association is to look after their tenant’s livable standards with issue controls such as housing repairs, broken stairs, structural integrity & defects, pest & vermin control, mould and damp control, gas & electrical safety, and maintenance repairs. The landlord’s or housing association’s legal obligations are to comply with regulations, or they are liable to get a claim from their tenants.

best housing disrepair solicitors near me no win no fee

Housing Disrepairs Claims: Making a Disrepair Claim

Housing Disrepair Claims are insurance damage coverages that help the living talents claim for unreasonable living standards. The tenants have the rights under the UK’s Law to compensate for any harm and suffering brought on by the negligent landlords.

The tenants living in London must have the right standards of living provided by their housing councils or landlords. If the house has problems from constant negligence in repairs, the tenants can take legal action under the ‘state of disrepair’.

To start the claim process, tenants must first notify the landlord or the housing association responsible for overseeing the property repairs. Sending a letter with the written problems to the landlord will start the initial procedure. If the landlord or the housing association does not do any repairs, provide compensation or fail to notify back, legal representation proceeds with the housing disrepair claim.

Filing a claim with a legal solicitor helps you get compensation for suffering and harm brought on by the landlord’s negligence. The landlord’s negligence can lead to issues and problems that affect daily life. Such as problems of mould and dampness lead to respiratory issues, and pest infestation creating uncomfortable premises for tenants.


What are the problems tenants face in Housing Disrepair?

Housing Disrepair is a serious issue. Many tenants face prejudice and negligence from their housing councils, rejecting major repairs and leaving tenants in compromised living conditions. Tenants have to face:

  • Health Risks and Hazards
  • Discomfort and Stress
  • Pest Infestation
  • Mould and Damp
  • Heating Issues
  • Water Leakage Problems
  • Rotting Doors and Windows
  • Fittings and Structural Issues

Pre-action Protocol for Housing Conditions Claims

Work involved when dealing with housing disrepair claims is defined under the pre-action calls in the UK law. The Pre-action protocols involve resolving and communicating with the party efficiently. The tenants and landlords or housing associations are to mediate the damages properly before resorting to court cases.

Our solicitors represent both tenants who have no prior experience dealing with housing disrepair claims and tenants with cases that are refused by other solicitor teams. We take pride in doing what others cannot. Vintage claims give the luxury of enjoying the claim process without worrying about your claim being rejected, even if it’s old.

How can you sue the Housing Association for Negligence?

Firstly, establishing a legal representation helps to make a detailed report of the issues you face. Let your landlord or council house know the disrepairs happening in the property premises. The housing association must ensure you are living a comfortable life under their premise.

If you have sent the letter to your responsible association or landlord authority and you have not gotten a reply back, you should let your solicitor start the claim case.


Letter of Response

Your solicitor will send an official letter of claim for compensation, setting a date for negotiation. You must have to wait about 15-20 days for the reply back. Once you get the reply back citing an official date for negotiation, you must have the following things before you can proceed with the negotiation:

  • Proper Documentation with detailed evidence.
  • Providing written notice with proof of the statement.
  • Organising your attestations and records at notice.
  • Proper Legal Representation for a court case
  • Making arguments with your tenant rights

Mediating and Negotiation

Let your solicitor take over the mediation process, during which all the issues will be discussed and the amount of compensation is quantified. If both parties reach a reasonable resolution, you will be awarded compensation in a few days or weeks.

The amount of suffering and harm brought by the negligence disrepairs will quantify the final refurbishment total. Other factors such as medical issues from mould and dampness, damage to personal belongings from leakages and pest infestation and wage losses can also be calculated.


Court and Trial

Disrepair claims rarely come to court and are used as a last resort. If the mediation fails or in case both parties are unable to reach an agreement, then the case stands trial in court. Your legal representation will show the damages, suffering and harm brought on by the negligence shown by the authority responsible for tenancy premises.


Taking legal action against Housing Association

Tenants have the right to live in the UK without compromising their living standards. Disrepair has been one of the common forms of negligence that housing associations show.

If tenants like you are having problems daily and your rights are being ignored, you can take legal action against the housing association. Calling the housing disrepair helpline and getting a solicitor will help you get the refurbishment you are looking for.


Taking disrepair claim against council housing

Tenants living in council housing can also claim the damages. Council Housing repairs can be litigated against their coverage to help you get the compensation you are looking for.

During the lease period, council houses have terms and conditions highlighted in the tenancy agreement where the tenant can represent their rights.

The Social Housing Solicitor is a legal representative who takes on cases that involve negligence and suffering. A reputable Solicitor party can take on your case, gather evidence, negotiate with the landlord or housing association and assist you in legal representation in case the case goes to a court trial.


Evidence needed to make Housing Disrepair Claim

Housing disrepair is just like any legal case, where you will need evidence to prove that you were not responsible for the repair damage. Housing disrepair claims need the following type of evidence:

  • Photos and Videos
  • Medical Records
  • Witness Testimonies
  • Tenancy Terms & Rights
  • Landlord repair records
  • Letter of Disrepair Issued Copy

You can use the following evidence to prove that the landlord or the housing association was responsible for the ensuing damages. Once you work with us, we also use special services such as the Environmental Health Department and an Ombudsman to support the evidence pool.

Vintage Claims works to get back the compensation you deserve. Tenants shouldn’t let their living standards be compromised by negligent housing associations and landlords. Our team’s motive is to bring tenants’ needs first before anything else.


How much Compensation for a Housing Disrepair Claim?

Housing disrepair issues never simply go away. Housing associations make repairs worsen over time, causing more harm as a result.

As tenants, we must know that many landlords and housing councils take advantage of the lack of government regulations and rising rent costs. They ask for rising high rents for the houses that need repairs while remaining oblivious towards the problems they show. That’s why, they are held accountable for their negligence.

The amount of compensation you can get is dependent on these factors:

  • Cost of repairs
  • Amount of Repairs neglected
  • Amount of Duration repairs neglected
  • Damage to Property Premise
  • Damage to Personal belongings
  • Damage to Tenant’s Health
  • Amenity Costs and Losses

Based on these calculations, the rough amount of figures for compensation are:

  • General Disrepair Claim: £500 to £1000
  • Mould and Damp: £3000 to £6000
  • Pest infestation: £2000 to £4000
  • Broken Fittings: £1500 to £3000
  • Heating Issues: £3000 to £5000
  • Structural Integrity: £6000 to £10000
  • Serious Damages: £8200+
  • Medical issues: £10400+

While these figures are rough estimates and a general baseline for compensation, different factors may increase or decrease these amounts substantially. We recommend you consult with our team immediately to get ahead in your claim experience.

The more quickly you start the claim compensation, the more easily you can obtain refurbishment for the damages. Start your claim today with us and sue the housing association today.


No Win, No Fee Solicitors in London

At Vintage Claims Management Group, we strive to care for the families suffering from the council house or housing association’s constant negligence. 

We understand the problems that occur due to the constant negligence. They are annoying, stressful to deal with, really hard to work out, and difficult to get proper justice with the court system.

We have provided services, knowledge, and professional guidance to many people for over a decade, ensuring they live according to their living standards. Our professional solicitors are there to help you with any problem at any time.


Need help with Housing Disrepair Compensation?

Millions of UK residents rent their homes each year, not knowing their rights as living tenants. Housing associations and landlords take advantage of this, thus our claim service helps the tenants compensate for the suffering from negligence from their landlords.

Our Housing Disrepair Claims solicitors are the absolute professional seniors who have helped many tenants that their landlords and housing associations misused. They are registered with the government to handle all cases and claims publicly.

You don’t have to suffer in silence anymore, as you can rely on Vintage Claims Management Group to handle your claim with absolute care and ensure you are entitled to compensation for your Housing Disrepair Claim. 


Speak to our housing disrepair solicitors today

We can help you with our professional guidance and get a successful outcome for your case on a strong basis. With our exclusive no-win, no-fee basis, you can let Vintage Claims handle the necessary paperwork, act as your representatives, and endeavour for the best development possible for your claim.

We prioritise your rights and needs first over everything; rest assured, you can relax at home while we take up the case and work it out to best fit your needs. You can contact us, and we will be available at your service. Call now at the housing repairs phone number and get a free evaluation on your claim today.

Faulty heating

Vegetation growth

Leaking roof

Damp and mould

Unsafe flooring & stairs


Rotting windows

Damaged/worn brickwork

Plumbing & Drainage problems


  • What do housing disrepair solicitors do?

    HDR solicitors provide advice and representation to tenants for HDR claims compensation. These compensations are for the poor living standards of living of tenants in rented accommodations. Rented accommodations are owned privately, by housing councils, or housing associations.

  • How do I make a housing disrepair claim? What is the process?

    Before taking any legal action, report the disrepair to the landlord. Also, provide them with a reasonable time to fix them. But if your landlord doesn’t act, gather all the information to support your claim. This information could include letters, emails and texts which show that you have reported the disrepairs. Furthermore, you can take pictures of the damages and any receipt which shows you have done repairs yourself. However, you can also include medical reports if it affects your health.

    After gathering all the proofs, consult with the law firm or housing solicitors like Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd. We will take legal action against your landlord on your behalf.

  • How do I make a claim for no win no fee housing disrepair?

    To make a No Win No Fee housing disrepair claim, you need someone with expertise and experience in the legal sector. That’s why Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd is here to help.

    We offer free initial assessments to those wishing to claim housing disrepair. We understand that making such a claim can be challenging. So we are here every step of the way to ensure proper assistance throughout the process, so your rights are protected. We have an experienced team of solicitors that can provide advice and support throughout your case, from beginning to end.

    At Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd, we handle cases on a No Win No Fee basis. Therefore, no financial risk involved with claiming housing disrepair. But you must follow our terms and conditions carefully in our Client Care Agreement. Following the agreement means you will only pay us if we win your case.

    We take pride in understanding each case. Therefore, we provide our expertise accordingly. Whether need to request surveys or take court action against Defendant’s Landlords. We are there to cover your back.

    We have substantial experience dealing with local councils and housing disrepair associations to ensure the quality of living for the tenants. Also, we are assuring that the tenants must be aware of housing disrepair claims criteria. So they know how they can proceed legally. Furthermore, we will provide our clients with the legal and emotional support they need.

    We aim to secure justice where landlords fail to meet their responsibilities, leaving tenants with no choice but to seek compensation through court systems. We provide them with the necessary empowerment needed.

  • How can I contact the Housing Disrepair Team?

    At Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd, our Housing Disrepair Team is here to provide you with the highest quality advice and support when making a successful claim against negligent landlords. We understand how hard it can be for tenants to take action against their landlords, and that’s why we offer a range of services to make the process as smooth as possible. 

    Firstly, we advise all renters who may have experienced housing disrepair or breaches of tenancy agreement terms to contact us directly via our website or over the phone. Our team can provide initial advice and guidance on your legal rights free of charge to ensure that you are fully informed before taking any further steps. 

    Our experienced team is familiar with the legal rights of tenants in the UK. Therefore, we can assist in preparing the evidence and coordinating inspections if necessary. Furthermore, we can also help you in preparing documents like schedules of dilapidation/disrepair. We can also negotiate with the landlords for disrepair. You can also get our solicitors’ services if court proceedings become necessary.

    Our commitment is always towards providing our clients with what they deserve. Therefore, we can handle your claim more efficiently and bring maximum compensation for your claim. Providing such services ensures an unbeatable experience for the tenant seeking justice from their negligent landlord or third parties like property agents. Therefore, get in touch today using one of our preferred methods listed below:

     – Phone: +44 075 2064 4958

     – Website: https://vamgltd.co.uk/contact-us/

     – Email: info@vamgltd.co.uk

  • How can I get help from a housing disrepair solicitor in Manchester?

    At Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd, we understand the importance of having a reliable housing disrepair solicitor in Manchester. Our team of expert solicitors provide a wide range of services for all kinds of claims related to housing disrepair in Manchester. We are highly experienced and knowledgeable about landlord-tenant law, tenant rights, insurance claims, repair disputes, health and safety concerns and more.

    Our solicitors have extensive experience advocating for tenants in cases involving traditional brick & mortar homes or with shared facilities. Furthermore, we ensure that our clients receive the compensation they deserve as quickly as possible.

    Whatever your concern is about disrepair, Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd can help you find an effective solution. Furthermore, if you need a housing disrepair solicitor in Manchester, please get in touch!

  • How Much Compensation For Housing Disrepair?

    When dealing with compensation for housing disrepair, it is important to understand the various aspects that come into play. Depending on the severity of the damage, a homeowner can be entitled to a wide range of compensation.

    People seek compensation for the most common damages related to structural defects or issues such as faulty wiring, broken windows, blocked drains, and other problems causing health and safety issues. In such cases, report the damage in writing to the landlord and provide them time to fix these damages. If still no action is taken, you should be able to make an appropriate claim under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985.

    Many users also asked, what is the average compensation for housing disrepair? The average compensation for a house in disrepair is about 25% to 50% of the rental amount. In extreme cases, you can get up to 100% compensation.

    The amount of money you could receive depends on what repairs are needed; more complex repairs may result in higher compensations. Normally, depending on your case, you could be entitled to compensation from £100-£1000. You might get even more depending on the potential losses or damages incurred due to disrepair.

    Vintage Claims Management Group Ltd is here to help! Our team has vast knowledge and experience working with these types of claims and can provide the advice you need. We would also work with the landlords and agencies to resolve the issue without taking any legal action. But if necessary, we will take every possible action to compensate for the claim. So get in touch today.

  • What is the limitation for a disrepair claim?

    There is a time limitation for the HDR claims compensation. You can only file a claim within six years for the repairs or maintenance of the accommodation. After that, you cannot claim housing disrepair from private landlords or housing councils.

    For filing a successful claim, you will need the help of our housing disrepair solicitors, no win, no fee. We will help you get your rented accommodation repaired and claim compensation.

  • How long does a housing disrepair claim take?

    Home disrepair claims can take months or years. It will depend on the case and solicitors. If the case is simple and the solicitor is capable, it may take a month or two. Otherwise, it can take years to win the case.

    Therefore, you can get our housing disrepair solicitors’ legal aid to speed up the process. We have worked for a decade and know how to handle complex house disrepair claims. Our housing disrepair team will help you get the compensation immediately.

  • What is the difference between housing association and housing council?

    Housing councils are governmentally funded union councils that are responsible for arranging homes in the local municipality area. They are funded to provide homes to people who cannot afford shelter. On the other hand, housing associations are privately owned non-for-profit organizations that lease homes to tenants and are responsible for maintaining order in privately rented homes. Both although have the same function as providing occupancy for tenants, they have different rules and regulations as well as policies.


    What is 8 + 8 ?

    © Copyright 2021 Vintage Claims Management Developed by Vintage Solutions